Tuesday 28 February 2017

Honour crime campaign Plan
My campaign is for a change related to honour crime as it is largely underreported despite it being a very serious crime. My three main aims are to encourage people to report honour crime, outline exactly how it occurs and to highlight ways in which it can be curbed.
To achieve these objectives I could:
·         Set up a twitter account as this will allow me to promote my campaign to a wider audience. I could also set up a Facebook account which will further promote my campaign as some people may not have Twitter but may have Facebook or vice a versa. I will also create a page that gives victims of honour crimes advice and will list all of the available help lines or websites in which they can find help.
·         Put up posters around the local area to help raise awareness of hate crimes, by putting them around the local area they will be clearly visible and people will be able to read them quickly as they walk past, as they will only include short amounts of key information, as if it was to long people wouldn’t be bothered to read it.
·         I will create T-shirts with my campaign slogan “FIGHT HONOUR CRIME” this will allow supporters of my campaign to show their support, it will also help to advertise my campaign, as people will see other people wearing my T-shirts. I will create them using a website called vista print. This is what they will look like:







Target audience
My target audience is mainly young people and adults aged 14 to 30. I want to target this age group as these people are most likely to be effected by honour crime, so they would benefit the most from my campaign. It will also help reduce the number of young people who go on to commit honour crime themselves.
Methods and materials
My first method will be the use of social media. Social media is a key method for reaching people aged 14 to 30 years old as most people in this age category. However this method does have some disadvantages as not everyone has access to social media or even the internet. Even with these drawbacks it is still a very useful tool as it allows me to post advice about the support that is available to them, such as help lines or websites.
My second method will be to use posters. I have chosen to use posters as I can put them out round the local area to raise awareness of my campaign, they are good because they can be read quickly whilst you are walking past. It would take a lot longer to read a leaflet as they often contain a lot more information than a poster which would make people more likely to ignore some of the information or not read it at all, which is why I am using a poster instead of a leaflet. I will also use the poster to raise awareness of honour crimes.
The last method that I will use is a T-shirt that will have my campaigns slogan, “FIGHT HOUNOR CRIME”, on them. Hopefully people who support my campaign will buy the T-shirts and wear them whilst they are out, this will then help to advertise my campaign. As my T-shirts will have a memorable slogan people will remember my campaign. I will use Vista Print to create my T-shirts.
For my first method of using social media I will only need a PC or a Smart phone that has internet access. For my second method of posters I will need to use a website and manufacturer to create my T-shirt. To create my poster I will use the computer program Microsoft Publisher to design them and then I will need a printer to print the posters once I have designed them.
Finances
I am going to conduct some research into how I will finance my campaign, to do this I will research how much it costs to create a poster and create a T-shirt. For my poster I will not need to include the price of Microsoft Publisher as I already own this. Although I am going to print off 500 posters which will cost money, if I was to print them off at home it would cost 10p a page so it would cost me £50 to print off all of the posters. To create my poster I will use a website called Vista Print and I will order 100 to start with which will cost £498, which means that one costs £4.98 I will sell them for £8.99 each so that I get a £4.01 profit on every T-shirt I sell. If I sell all of the T-shirts I will make a £401 profit.
Timeline for the campaign

The first stage of my timeline will be research. I will research honour crimes that have been committed, the effect this has on both the victim and the offender, statistics about honour crime and will look for existing support available for victims of honour crimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment